Telehealth Now AvailableMarch 24, 2020
The physicians at The Orthopaedic Group, P.C. continue to closely monitor the COVID-19 outbreak via the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the Alabama Department of Public Health (ADPH), and the World Health Organization (WHO). The protocols are evolving, and we are working hard to mitigate any impact on our patients, community, staff and providers.
We will continue to do everything we can to provide the best orthopedic care during this time, including Telehealth visits and in-office visits. If you have an appointment or need to schedule an appointment, please read the following information carefully for your safety and the safety of others.
Telehealth Virtual Visits
Did you know that many orthopedic issues can be diagnosed using Telehealth virtual appointments? Beginning March 24, 2020, we are excited to offer Telehealth Appointments to patients during the COVID-19 pandemic. Telehealth is a simple way for patients to be treated by their physician by use of communications such as videoconference or a phone call, without an in-person visit. Get the specialized orthopaedic care you need, without risking your health. It’s simple to use, and the secure, HIPAA-compliant video conferencing technology can be used with any device.
Telehealth benefits include:
- Be seen/treated from anywhere
- No travel time
- No parking hassles
- Keep your distance from others without reducing your quality of care
- Review diagnostic tests such as x-rays and MRIs during a Telehealth visit
Please call 251-476-5050 to find out if you are a candidate to schedule a virtual appointment.
If you discuss scheduling a telehealth appointment and it is determined you need an in-person visit, please follow our guidelines for in-office safety.
- We ask all patients and guests who have had a fever, cough, shortness of breath or achiness, reschedule their appointments or surgeries for at least 14 days. Please understand that if you arrive for your appointment and are requested to reschedule, this is being done in the best interest of our patients, staff and the general public. If you have any concerns or questions, please call our office to discuss or to reschedule your appointment. 251-476-5050.
- Only one (1) essential caregiver will be allowed to accompany any patient.
- If you have an appointment and are feeling well, please come inside to check in. If you would like to wait in your vehicle after you’ve checked in, please let the office staff know and we will call your phone when it is time to go to the exam room.
We are following CDC recommendations for screening and management of patients. Staff are asking all patients screening questions when they schedule and check in for their appointments. If you are at all concerned that you may have been exposed to or are infected with COVID-19 or any other infectious disease, your best course of action is to seek guidance from your primary care physician.
- If you had a surgery scheduled in the coming weeks, you will be hearing from a nurse to further discuss.