Congratulations to the athletic trainer team at Foley High School for being recognized as one of the National Athletic Trainers’ Association’s (NATA) Safe Sports School First Team!
Our fellowship-trained specialists work alongside the Foley High School athletic trainers to ensure the safety of their student athletes. Dr. J. Keith Spain works closely with the trainers and provides care to the athletes there.
The Southeast Athletic Trainers’ Association (SEATA) encourages secondary schools to apply to the NATA’s Safe Schools Program, which recognizes schools around the country that take the crucial steps to keep their athletes free from injuries.
In order to achieve Safe Sports School Status, some of the requirements Athletic Programs must adhere to include:
- Create a positive athletic health care administrative system
- Provide or coordinate per-participation physical examinations
- Promote safe and appropriate practice and competition facilities
- Plan for selection, fit function and proper maintenance of athletic equipment
- Provide a permanent, appropriately equipped area to evaluate and treat injured athletes
- Develop injury and illness prevention strategies, including protocols for environmental conditions
- Provide or facilitate injury intervention
- Provide or facilitate psycho-social consultation and nutritional counseling/education
- Be sure athletes and parents are educated of the potential benefits and risks in sports as well as their responsibilities
Foley High School is one of several schools along the Gulf Coast that continue to trust The Orthopaedic Group, P.C. specialists with their athletic care.
Dr. Spain, a non-surgical and regenerative sports medicine specialist, is board certified in Family Medicine and fellowship-trained in sports medicine. Dr. Spain specializes in the non-surgical treatment of orthopaedic injuries and conditions and medical conditions in athletes of all ages and abilities. He has a particular interest in diagnostic and interventional musculoskeletal ultrasound, minimally invasive procedures, and regenerative medicine.
For more than 40 years, patients throughout the Gulf Coast have chosen our orthopaedic doctors at The Orthopaedic Group, P.C., for specialized care in the spine, shoulder, elbow, hand and wrist, hip, and knee, and foot and ankle.
Our fellowship-trained doctors have extensive education and experience in evaluating, diagnosing, and treating all orthopaedic injuries and conditions.
Experienced, Expert care for over 40 years.