Hip pain can result from a condition that has developed over time, such as bursitis and arthritis, or of a recent hip injury, such as a hip fracture or hip dislocation. In some cases, and if not detected early, conditions such as hip bursitis and hip arthritis may create extreme bone and joint discomfort, making procedures like hip arthroplasty and hip replacement surgery credible options for relieving your hip pain.
The most frequent causes for pain in the hip can be related to an orthopaedic condition that has emerged over time. Signs and symptoms of hip pain include:
- Joint pain felt in the front of the hip, along the outside of the hip, in the groin, or over the buttock area
- Discomfort and swelling in the thigh and knee
- Joint inflammation or hip muscle spasms, which may cause fluid accumulation in the hip joint
- Limping or the inability to walk comfortably on the affected side
- Inability to bend or rotate the hip
- Soreness and/or throbbing while sleeping or resting
- Fever, redness, and warmth—which are signs of infection
If you are experiencing any of the symptoms above, you may have a hip condition, such as hip osteoarthritis, hip bursitis, hip arthritis, or an injury like a fractured hip, dislocated hip, hip flexor injury, or labral tear. At The Orthopaedic Group, P.C., we understand that pain in the hip can make everyday tasks difficult. If you are suffering from hip pain or have a hip injury or condition, consult with a hip surgeon at The Orthopaedic Group, P.C., by calling (251) 450-2746.
Why choose The Orthopaedic Group, P.C.?
Our hip doctors at The Orthopaedic Group, P.C., have the training, expertise, and experience to assess, diagnose, and treat your injury or condition individually to your needs. To request an appointment online with a hip doctor at The Orthopaedic Group, P.C., please use the appointment request box or call (251) 450-2746.